This is another recipe that my chic-a-dis and I made during spring break. I love being in the kitchen with the cooking and experimenting (playing) with recipes. We were working with ingredients that we’ve already got in our pantry and fridge so there was no need for a trip to the grocery store.
My babies love dishes that are savory and citrusy. Oh, and did I say sweet? Well, not too sweet just a hint of it if it’s not dessert. The honey in this recipe gave it just that. So what I’m getting at is that my little ones love savory, citrusy, salty, sweet combination.
- 4 skinless and boned chicken breasts
- zest of one lime
- juice of one lime
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a roasting pan.
- Mix together the lime zest, juice, honey, oil and garlic in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and season with pepper.
- Place in the oven and baste every 10 minutes.
- Cook for 35-40 minutes until the chicken is tender and there is no pink inside.
- As the chicken cooks the liquid in the pan will thicken, it will give it that sticky coating.
- Once the chicken is cooked rub the chicken on the pan to get the rest of the tasty sticky juice on both sides.
- Serve it with veg or rice. Better yet serve it with both.
Enjoy! : )